I am very excited about my first award nomination. Thank you to Ishan from The Time Traveller for the nomination (https://ishanalways.wordpress.com). I enjoy the positive message in all the stories.
My name is Manivillie. I was born in Sri Lanka, lived in Nigeria (7 years) and now live in Canada. I am the youngest of 4 children and was raised by a single dad after my mom passed when I was nine. I am 36 years old and am currently going through a career / life transition.
My responses’ to Ishan’s questions below:
1. Why do you write?
I write to reconnect with a part of myself I had lost, my creative side. For many reasons, I just didn’t think about life to far into the future. However, 2014 – 2015 saw a lot of changes in my life, and I wanted to find that independent, feisty and strong girl, I used to be. I figured connecting with one of my oldest passions was the way to do it. Also, my best friends, lead by Sandra (My dad used to call the group of us Pistas – Rowdy/trouble makers in Tamil), challenged me to write a poem a day, and I don’t back away from challenges 🙂
2. How do you deal with hard times or depression?
I am still working on this. I try to surround myself with my family and friends. I seek their support, help, and advice. I also love to dance, so will try to dance myself out of my bad thoughts.
3. What changes you would like to see in the world in general and India in specific?
Equal rights for all. I think every country can work and improve their human rights record. In regards to India, I would say more needs to be done regarding caste issues (mainly related to inter-caste marriages/relationships) and protection of women.
4. What would you do, if you get this opportunity to be invisible for one day?
I would haunt the halls of the United Nations and see how these leaders are working to change the world.
5. Your favorite book?
Too Many to count:
- Anne Bishop – The Dark Jewels Trilogy (Book 2: Heir to the Shadows)
- Anne Bishop – Shalador’s Lady
- Nalini Singh – Psy/Changling Series (Caressed by Ice & Shards of Hope)
- Paulo Coelho – The Alchemist
- Tomoko Hayakawa – The Wallflower “Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge” (Manga)
- Elie Wiesel – Night
- Amy Tan – The Kitchen God’s Wife
6. What is your biggest dream?
To live in every country in the world, and meet different types of people.
7. Are you happy with the way your life is going. Kindly describe the reasons for your answer.
Not at the moment but I am working on it. I have not yet figured out where or what I am meant to be doing and trying to understand what I want to do, what legacy I would like to leave behind. I am very blessed in many ways, but I also feel stuck right now. I am in the process of trying to change my perspective and my worldview.
8. What’s love?
Love is respect, trust, and acceptance.
9. Do you believe in God.
Yes, the world has too many miracles not to believe in God.
10. What was the proudest moment of your life.
One of my proudest moments was publishing a collection of my poems in Beyond the Journey. What made this moment better was that I was given the opportunity to read one of my poems (Beauty) at the launch. The poem and moment were truly special, as it was the first poem that I had written after five years and my father was there to see me read it.
11. How much bucks you think you worth?
Some days priceless, others a cool million 🙂
Thanks again for Ishan for the nomination.
My questions for the Bloggers I would like to nominate are:
- Why do you do write?
- Where do you get your inspiration to write?
- What’s your favourite quote?
- If you could have a superpower, what would it be and why?
- Who is your role model/inspiration and if you don’t have one, why?
- What’s your favourite book?
- If you were to invite five people to your home for dinner (dead or alive), who would they be?
- What’s your ideal travel destination?
- If you could trade lives with any celebrity for one day, who would it be?
- Would you take a one-way ticket to colonize Mars?
- What’s your biggest fear?
The rules of the Liebster Awards are:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
- Display the award on your blog and write a bit about yourself
- Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers.
- create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer by commenting on their post